The Coalition for Technology in Behavioral Science (CTiBS) is currently seeking a Membership Chair to engage the professional community. The CTiBS membership chair works with the membership committee to plan the annual membership campaign. The membership chair is responsible for creating and implementing a membership plan, promoting membership throughout the year, collecting dues, and giving reports to the CEO.
- Membership campaign plans from past years, including goals, themes, calendars, budgets, final member records.
- Attend Board meetings every two weeks.
- Work closely with the CEO, the secretary, the treasurer, web manager, and the membership committee members, if any.
Developing a Membership Plan
In working with the membership committee, the Membership Chair will be responsible for:
- Setting attainable membership goals for the year.
- Developing a membership theme, if appropriate.
- Creating a year-long calendar of membership events. Include due dates set by council and district PTAs for remittances, and for awards and incentive.
- Developing a budget to support your membership plan projects and events.
A successful membership plan will:
- Attract new members and retain previous members
- Include early career professionals, faculty, clinicians, researcher, policy makers and staff involvement elements in the campaign
- Present the membership plan to the executive board for approval
- Implementing the Membership Plan
- Announce the membership plan and theme
- Create a membership kick-off event
- The membership kick-off plan could also include a special kick-off event
- Distribute special invitations as often as possible
- Promote CTiBS membership through social media sites, email invitations, texts, etc.
- Regularly promote membership in CTiBS newsletter and website
- Create a welcome packet for new members
- Report membership progress at all CTiBS meetings
Collecting Membership Dues
- Work with your CTiBS Treasurer and Webmanager to establish the best process for collection of membership dues
- Oversee the creation and review of monthly membership and dues reports with Webmanager monthly
- Present complete membership reports and dues to the Board monthly
- Respond to any inquiries from prospective members from the website, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media pages about membership and fees
- Make recommendations to the Board for any extenuating circumstances that may call for modifications of dues
- Give a regular membership report to CTiBS
- Maintain a list of members, updating as new members are enrolled. Provide copies to the Board Chair
- Promote current member benefits to give added value to CTiBS membership
- Make an effort to qualify and/or apply for available membership awards to recognize and honor CTiBS for membership efforts.